These are my links for April 9th through April 10th:
- Coding Horror: Sex, Lies, and Software Development – Are there any programming jobs you wouldn't take? Not because the jobs didn't pay enough, had poor benefits, or limited upside — but because the work itself made you uncomfortable? – A long comment thread about the ethics and social issues around working for porn sites vs other employers.
- Daring Fireball: How to Block the DiggBar – On URL shorteners and blocking DiggBarr from framing target pages.
- How I lost 50 lbs with the new Twitter API – And now it’s all this – On implementation changes required to update a Twitter client app (Dr. Twoot) to the latest API
- 10 papers you need to read | Science for SEO – "This is a list of my top 10 freely available papers on the topic of information retrieval. You will notice that they are rather old, but the techniques used described and the findings are not always dated. Those that dated are important nonetheless because they provide a good foundation to understanding why things are as they are in information retrieval these days."
- jesus blinched (or: why i love maundy thursday) – pistachio’s posterous – "what stays with me to this day is the abject humanity of jesus in the stories of the last supper, the betrayal, the denial and above all, in gethsemane."