Bookmarks for May 22nd through May 23rd
These are my links for May 22nd through May 23rd:
- Improve MySQL Insert Performance – Summary – use LOAD DATA INFILE
- Scratch | Home | imagine, program, share – Scratch is designed to help young people (ages 8 and up) develop 21st century learning skills. As they create and share Scratch projects, young people learn important mathematical and computational ideas, while also learning to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively
- Alice.org – Programming language environment for teaching kids, built on Java, geared toward a story telling approach.
- Jason R Briggs | Snake Wrangling for Kids – “Snake Wrangling for Kids” is a printable electronic book, for children 8 years and older, who would like to learn computer programming. It covers the very basics of programming, and uses the Python 3 programming language to teach the concepts.
- Benchmarking BDB, CDB and Tokyo Cabinet on large datasets – CDB comes out significantly faster. (It's for unchanging data though, so not totally surprising) Benchmark data for 11M key-value pair dataset stored in Berkeley DB, CDB, and Tokyo Cabinet.