Bookmarks for February 27th through February 28th
These are my links for February 27th through February 28th:
- jurriaanpersyn.com — Database Sharding at Netlog, with MySQL and PHP – Discussion and slides from a presentation at FOSDEM 2009 on database sharding and practical considerations implementing high traffic web services at Netlog.
- The New York Times Explains Twitter…to the New York Times | Peter Kafka – An introductory overview to Twitter for the New York Times, from the New York Times. Includes two embedded slide decks.
- Microsoft teams and products on Twitter | Adam Kinney, Continuum Explorer –
- The Big List Of Search Engines & Their Employees On Twitters –
- The size of social networks | Primates on Facebook | The Economist – How many friends can you manage at once? Extrapolating from the brain sizes and social networks of apes, Dr Dunbar suggested that the size of the human brain allows stable networks of about 148. Rounded to 150, this has become famous as “the Dunbar number”.